1.7.10

I'm a cotton ball

"I'm a cotton ball"

M said proverbially with all the abundant wisdom of her four years of age.

I humbly asked for an explanation, full aware that my ignorance of the term showed my poorly evolved and pedestrian mind.

What I was able to understand from her explanation is that dolls are stuffed with cotton and/or their hair is made of it. And that the silly crazy girls who deliver ingenious one-liners (such as herself) are cotton balls.

She called herself one after an effervescent display of zaniness.


She's like a cotton ball

weightless

and fleeting

as bubbles of champagne.

She's light

like a golden spec of dust

like a dandelion blowing in the wind.



Cotton balls do not possess the insanity of tortured poets. 



M's quirkiness is far above 

and I read it in her cotton candy smiles.



I have not reincarnated enough.

I'm not transcended enough

to reach that cloud-like state of being.


 
But I'll dream every night of being a cotton ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails